Have you ever faced the problem of sucking hair in your throat?
It is the most annoying problem for many people, especially for those who have long hair.
Usually, you get hair in your throat from the air or by breathing furry stuff.
But it is not necessary that which you feel is surely hair.
It may be a sore throat or irritation.
How do you get the hair out of your throat?
It sounds illogical that a hair is stuck in your throat. Because when you eat or drink something, it drops down from your throat. Anyhow, here are 3 easy methods to get rid of hair from the throat. At first, try to swallow the hair, secondly, take a soft and light food, and if these two tips prove useless, consult a doctor.
Remember that if there is hair in your throat, it may go down itself after some time. But if you feel it for a long period of time, it means you have a throat tickle or sore throat issue.
This post will help you to come over from each throat problem. If you find the problem difficult to solve out, try to connect with a specialist.
Some other problems like smoking, allergies, and any kind of medicine may also cause a hair-like feeling in your throat.
So, to avoid it, read this post till the end without skipping any point.
Removing Hair From your Throat (3 Easy Steps)
Sometimes you feel hair stuck in your throat. But it may be a scratch in your throat that makes you feel like a hair.
If it is hair, it may go inside through water, food, or air.
It causes discomfort for you. Some easy tricks will help you to get the hair out of your throat.
Step 1: Swallow The Hair
The easiest way to get rid of hair from your throat is to swallow the hair. Whenever you feel hair stuck inside your throat, try to swallow it at once.
It is not harmful when it goes down from your mouth. Your body can handle it easily. To check the right location of the hair just stand in front of the mirror, take a flashlight and try to find the hair when you find it, at first try to pick it out with your fingers.
If your fingers don’t reach the hair, swallow it.
Step 2: Take Soft Foods
Another easy way to remove hair is soft food. Such foods are helpful to dislodge the hair from your throat. Eat soft and light food like banana and bread.
Take a mouth full of a bite that you will swallow easily. Don’t take a big bite that will cause a cough or blockage.
The hair will swipe down when you eat food and go into your digestive tract.
Step 3: Consult a Specialist
If you find the above two methods useless and feel that the hair is still stuck in your throat, it’s time to meet with a doctor.
You can contact a specialist of the throat and get an appointment. If you have any other problem related to the throat like sore throat, swelling, pain, or tonsils, it’s important to have a complete checkup.
Easy Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Throat Tickle
Do you have sensation like a hair in your throat?
But it’s not hair.
Then what is it?
If you feel such a condition for many hours, it is not hair because hair goes down from your throat after a few times. It doesn’t remain there for a long time.
There may be some other issue like any kind of irritation, cough, sore throat, and throat tickle. It may occur because of some minor health issue.
You can handle it at home by following some easy tricks. Let’s start reading!
- Salt Water: Take 8 ounces of water in a bowl and add ½ teaspoon of salt to it. Take the liquid in a cup or a glass and irritate the throat. Gargle it for a while and spit it out.
- Take Hard Candies: For throat dryness, you can use a sore throat tablet or candies. It will help your throat to remove tickles and make it wet.
- Use OTC Medicines: Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines are helpful for pain relief and throat problems. You can also use a throat spray.
- Take Proper Rest: When you feel that you have no hair in your throat but have a throat tickle, rest is essential for you. Get proper sleep at night and set your awakening time.
- Drink Liquids: Take warm water and drinks like green tea to soothe your throat. Avoid coffee and other artificial drinks because they make your throat dry.
- Make your air heated and moisture: Throat problems mostly occur because of cold and dry air. To avoid such problems set a humidifier and a thermostat to maintain a reasonable temperature in your room.
- Avoid Allergic Elements: Some people feel elegy due to dust and pollen grains. So, keep yourself away from such elements. Wear a mask when you go outside to a dusty place.
Follow these tips to live a healthy life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you feel like hair in your throat?
It usually happens because of poor mouth cleaning, some medications, excessive use of tea and coffee, or any radiation treatment near the neck and head.
What happens if you swallow hair?
Hair is made of keratin protein which cannot be broken down by our body. It needs a high temperature that our body doesn’t have. So, when you swallow a hair accidentally, it passes out of the body with food.
Can hair get in your lungs?
When you breathe in tiny particles of dead skin and fur, sharp pieces of hair get deep into the lungs and leave soreness and burn tissues behind.
Sometimes you feel a hair stuck in your throat. But actually, you feel like it because of some other factors like allergy, throat problem, and cough.
Whatever the reason may be, the question is how to remove it???
You can get rid of it by following the above-mentioned tips. Just suppose if no one works properly and you feel the same sensation, it’s time to visit a doctor.
Hopefully, after reading this post, you may get several tips that will be helpful for you. Your safety is important so if you find the problem more serious, rush towards a consultant immediately.
Don’t forget to share your experience with us. Stay connected with us and lives a happy and healthy life.